Monday, August 18, 2008

Remembering to begin again

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done..."
--from a letter "To Mrs. L." (50) C.S. Lewis

I love this quote. It is certainly true for me. I need to be reminded everyday and I need to begin again every day to rely on God. I love the hymn "The Old, Old Story" because it is about reminding and I do not want to ever get tired of being reminded to rely on God. He is good, and He is always intending us good. Why is it so easy to lose sight of this fact? Why am I so easily distracted from remembering it? I can remember to feed my cat everyday...and take my pills....and check my e-mail...it is truly a mystery to me why I cannot remember to rely on God everyday!

1 comment:

Liza said...

That's a great quote!